Quick facts about the Club
We are the oldest established sporting club in Point Cook.
Point Cook Cricket Club history goes back to its establishment in 1970 and continues to grow with Point Cook. We are the only cricket club in Point Cook to have turf wickets and the club is fortunate to have two. We call Saltwater Reserve home with two turf wickets and a fully synthetic oval. We also use Dunnings Road Oval for junior training and matches as well as MYCA competition.
The size of our club may surprise you!
For season 2017/2018, we expect to have:
- FIVE: 5 Senior Mens teams playing in the Victorian Turf Cricket Association (VTCA)
- SEVENTEEN: 17 Junior Teams playing in the Western Region Junior Cricket Association (WRJCA) including a girls Under 13 team
- SEVENTY: One of Australia’s largest Milo “In2Cricket” programs (with 70+ kids under 10yrs)
- THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY: Almost 350 Members
- ONE THOUSAND PLUS: A Cricket “family” (i.e. including player parents and siblings) of 1000+
In Season 2016/2017 we had:
- 2nd XI winning the VTCA North West B2 Premiership
- SEMI FINALIST in the VTCA T20 Kookaburra Cup
- TWO Teams in the Mid Year Cricket Association (MYCA) with one team making the semi finals
- RUNNERS Up in the WRJCA U18 T20 Premier League
- FOUR teams making the WRJCA semi finals with the two Under 11A teams being Runners Ups in their respective competitions
- SEVEN junior players selected for the WRJCA Representative teams in the Victorian Metropolitan Cricket Union (VMCU) Carnival
- TWO junior players played with Altona and Werribee respectively in the Victorian Sub District Cricket Association (VSDCA) J.C Craig Shield (Under 15s)
We Are A Good Sports
As an indication of our commitment to providing a safe and enjoyable environment for all of our members, supporters and sponsors, the Point Cook Cricket Club holds a “Good Sports” Level 1 accreditation.
The Good Sports program is an initiative of the Australian Drug Foundation (ADF) to develop safer and healthier communities. The program helps sporting clubs manage alcohol responsibly and reduce alcohol related problems such as binge and underage drinking.
Our commitment to this program sends an important message to club members and the community. It confirms that the club promotes a responsible attitude towards alcohol and that it provides a safe environment for players, members, families and supporters.